Newlyn Tinning can provide a new lease of life to your copper cookware with full Re-Tinning & Reconditioning
No complete pot or pan is beyond restoration
Each and every pot or pan I receive will undergo a thorough 5 Stage process.
1. First of all, each pan will undergo a deep clean to remove all oils, greases and baked on carbon providing a clean item to be further worked.
2. Next, each pan will be reshaped and all rivets checked and tightened.
3. Following the shaping, pans will be completely stripped of all oxides leaving a molecularly sound surface pre-tinning.
4. Now the pan is ready for tinning and will have a traditional flux applied and the whole pan heated to the correct temperature. Tinning the whole pan at once will give a superior lining compared to tinning in sections. Each will be heated, tin applied and wiped at least twice giving thickness to the tin.
5. Finally, each pan will be externally cleaned and polished to reveal the beautiful luster of the copper.
The cost of this service can easily be calculated by multiplying the diagonal dimension of the pan, in millimeters, from the base to the opposite rim as shown in the diagram below by £0.20
Example for a 200mm diagonal measurement of a round pan: 200×0.20=£40.00
If the pan is oval or square, an average of the smallest and largest diagonal measurements should be used.
Example for 300 X 200mm diagonal measurements of a rectangular pan: 300+200÷2=250×0.20=£50
The cost for a round lid is priced at £0.09 per millimeter, multiplied by the diameter.
Please use an average of largest and smallest diameters for rectangular lids.